Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Dream to Write Blog

Today is the last day I'll be posting in this blog at The Dream to Write, as I'm transitioning my daily writing to my new website at julianneharvey.com. It's the end of an eighteen month journey, and like all endings, it is both sad and exciting at the same time.

I have learned so much about myself by laying down my innermost thoughts and ideas for the world to read. I've grown, I've been hurt, I've soared on the exhilaration of being understood, and I've struggled with the vulnerability required to turn your heart inside out and risk your sensitivities being trampled on.

For the most part, my readers have been kind and generous, encouraging me along the way and telling me when I've moved them or given them something new to consider. I feel like a broken record when I express my intense gratitude to my loyal readers, but you will likely never know how much you have given to me as I flail around and try to find my writing legs.

I hope you will follow me over to my website, and join my community there. I'd love to hear what you think of the site, and continue to interact with you on my blog. I'm offering a contest (under Breaking News) where I will give away one of my new children's books, B the Wonder Bear, every time I add 25 new members to the site.

I'm working on a pocket-sized paperback book of some of my blog posts from early this year, when I was undergoing intense personal change. I'm designing the book myself and will make it available through the Publishing tab of my new site when it's available, both as an e-book and as a reasonably priced printed book. I learned a lot when I printed my first book of blog posts and hope to improve the product I am offering.

I have changed so much in the last eighteen months. I am no longer a slave to my desire to please other people. I have taken a large pair of ceremonial scissors and cut a number of figurative red ribbons in the last year, freeing myself from what I thought others wanted me to be. Counseling really helped me, and so did writing here every day, working through issue by issue in order to get from the blackest night into the bright sunshine of who I really am.

Thank you for coming with me on this journey. Please spread the word about my new site to your friends if you find value in my blog. Tomorrow I will change the networked blogs link on Facebook to my website instead of this blog. Please come find me there. Thank you for your support and for all you have given me as I pursue my dream to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment